Ball State (3-3) vs. Tiffin (2-3)
Tuesday, Nov. 27 (7 p.m.)
Muncie, Ind. (Worthen Arena)
| Listen: 96.7/104.9
| Live Stats
Setting the Stage
• Ball State will host Division II Tiffin for the first-ever meeting between the programs. It is the last time the Cardinals will play at home until Dec. 20 against Howard.
• Ball State evened its record Saturday with a its second straight victory, an 82-72 win over Evansville. K.J. Walton
scored a game-high 20 points, including 19 in the first half, on 8-for-9 shooting, while Kyle Mallers
scored 17, all in the second half.
• Tiffin has won its past two games after an 0-3 start. The Dragons played two Division I opponents in exhibition games, falling at Butler (100-63) and Bowling Green (91-52).
• The Cardinals will face a Tiffin team that is averaging 96.4 points per game and racked up 142 last week in a win over Carlow University. The Dragons are averaging 11.0 steals per game and forcing opponents into an average of 20.6 turnovers. Tiffin is shooting 52 percent from the floor.
• Ball State's win over Evansville improved the Cardinals to 2-0 against the Missouri Valley Conference this year. BSU beat Indiana State in the season opener. The Cardinals have three more games upcoming against the MVC, including a trip to 2018 national semifinalist Loyola Chicago. Ken Pomeroy rates the MVC at No. 11 among the 32 Division I leagues and the MAC at No. 12.
• Ball State outscored Evansville 38-30 in the paint Saturday, marking the first time since the season opener against Indiana State that the Cardinals won the battle of the paint.
• K.J. Walton
scored 20 points against Evansville, just one game after posting a career-high 22 against Appalachian State. The Missouri transfer is the Cardinals' second-leading scorer at 14.9 points per game, trailing Tayler Persons
• Tayler Persons
surpassed the 1,500-point mark for his career in the Evansville game. Persons ranks 10th among active Division I players in career assists (448), while senior center Trey Moses
ranks 19th among that group in career rebounds (714).
• Persons' nine assists in the Evansville game were the second-most of any player in the MAC this season. He has 16 assists over the past two games and is tied for the league lead with Miami's Darrian Ringo at 5.3 assists per game.