Ball State Cardinals
(7-3; MAC 4-2)
Head Coach: Pete Lembo
Career Record: 92-45/12th year
At Ball State: 13-9/2nd year
(8-2; MAC 4-2)
Head Coach: Frank Solich
Career Record: 116-61/14th year
At Ohio: 58-42/8th year
Wed., Nov. 14, 2012 -- 8 p.m. (ET)
Scheumann Stadium (Capacity: 22,500)
Field Turf -- Muncie, Ind.
Ball State Radio Network
Flagship Station - WLBC FM 104.1
Joel Godett, play-by-play
Mark O'Connell, color analyst
Jeff Weller, host
WCRD-Radio (Ball State Student Station)
Pat Boylan, play-by-play
Timmy Fogarty, color analyst
Television - ESPNU
Joe Davis (Play-by-Play)
Jay Walker (Analyst)
Listen to the Coach
- Monday Night w/ the Red & White Radio Show at Applebee's 7-7:45
- Nov. 21 - Cardinal Endzone TV Show Featuring Head Coach Pete Lembo - 6 p.m. - WIPB-TV, Muncie
Follow the Cardinals:
• Ball State Football Quick Hits . . . . . .
* Ball State tallied a 34-27 win at nationally ranked Toledo Tuesday night for a fourth straight victory and to improve to 7-3 overall and 4-2 in the Mid-American Conference . . . The Rockets entered the game ranked No. 23 in The Associated Press Poll and No. 25 in the ESPN/USA Today Poll . . . The Cardinals are in the midst of their longest winning streak since the 2008 season.
* Ball State is bowl eligible for a second straight season . . . The Cardinals have reached seven wins for the first time since their 2008 undefeated regular season . . . The Cardinals were last bowl eligible in back-to-back seasons in 2007 and 2008 and Ball State played in the International Bowl after the 2007 campaign and the GMAC Bowl after the 2008 season.
* The Cardinals have beaten two teams from the Bowl Championship Series Automatic Qualifying Conferences in the same year for the first time in school history . . . Ball State defeated Indiana from the Big Ten Conference 41-39 Sept. 15, and tallied a 31-27 win over South Florida from the Big East Conference Sept. 22 . . . The win over Indiana marked the third straight meeting between the two teams the Cardinals have won.
* Ball State has won four games this season with a game-winning score in the final two minutes or overtime . . . The Cardinals have won three games on their final possession . . . Ball State won on a field goal as time expired at Indiana (Sept. 15) and scored the go-ahead touchdown with 1:02 left in its victory at home over South Florida (Sept. 22) . . . Ball State tallied a 30-24 overtime win over Western Michigan (Oct. 13) on a 15-yard TD run on the final play of the OT . . . The Cardinals defeated nationally ranked Toledo (Nov. 6) on a 15-yard TD run with 1:43 to play.
* The Cardinals rushed for 224 yards at Army, which marked the fifth time in 10 games this year Ball State has rushed for 200 or more yards in a game . . . The Cardinals also rushed for over 200 yards vs. Eastern Michigan (329), at Clemson (252), at Indiana (206) and vs. Central Michigan (233).
* Ball State has several players ranked in the top five in the nation . . . According to cfbstats.com, Willie Snead leads the nation in scrimmage plays of 10 plus yards -- rushing and receiving . . . Snead has 46 scrimmage plays of 10 or more yards, while Alex Amidon of Boston College is second with 44 . . . cfbstats.com also lists Joel Cox as tied for second in the nation in blocked kicks/punts with three . . . Cox has blocked three extra points this season . . . Steven Schott is second in the nation in field goals per game . . . Travis Freeman is the NCAA leader among current players for total tackles in a career.
- Scouting Ohio: Ohio fell to 8-2 overall and 4-2 in the Mid-American Conference after suffering a 26-14 loss at home to Bowling Green Wednesday . . . Ohio's only other loss this season was a 23-20 defeat at Miami University Oct. 27 . . . Tyler Tettleton has completed 171-of-278 passes for 2,045 yards with 16 touchdowns and two interceptions.
- Series vs. Ohio: Ball State and Ohio have met 22 times and the Cardinals hold a 14-8 all-time advantage in the series . . . In games played in Muncie, Ind., Ball State owns a 7-3 edge . . . Ball State has won nine of the last 12 meetings overall, including a 23-20 victory at Ohio in 2011.
Ball State ranks first in the MAC and 21st in the nation in total offense (473.22) . . . Nationally, Ball State is 29th in rushing offense (202.44), 37th in passing offense (270.78) and 39th in scoring offense (33.67) . . . The Cardinals are fifth in the nation in first downs (28.67 per game) and 17th in time of possession (32:18)
- Ball State ranks 17th in net punting (40.35) and fourth in punt return yardage defense (1.5) . . . The Cardinals are 20th in the nation in punt returns (12.75) and 31st in kickoff returns (24.00) . . . Ball State is 17th in the nation for fewest sacks allowed per game (0.89).
- The Mid-American Conference is ranked as the fourth best Football Bowl Subdivision conference in the country by cbssports.com . . . The Southeastern Conference was ranked first, followed by the Big 12 and Pac-12, which were tied for second . . . The MAC was ranked fourth . . . The MAC was ranked ahead of the Big Ten, Big East, Atlantic Coast Conference, Western Athletic Conference, Sun Belt and the Mountain West Conference.
"There are six teams that are bowl eligible (second only to the SEC) . . . It is very possible there could be as many -- if not more -- ranked teams from the MAC as there are from the ACC, Big Ten or Big East." -- CBSsports Eye On College Football