Ball State Cardinals (6-5; MAC 4-3) vs.
Toledo Rockets (7-4; MAC 6-1)
Scheumann Stadium - Field Turf -- Capacity: 22,500
Muncie, Ind. -- Fri., Nov. 25 -- 2 p.m. (ET)
• Gameday sponsor: Great Deals
• Senior Day -- Kevin Gall, Zac Jordan, Rayondon Kennedy, Briggs Orsbon, Joshua Howard, Kreg Hunter, Kyle Hoke, Sean Baker, Torieal Gibson, Andrew Puthoff, Richard Saint-Victor, Adam Morris, Ryan Hartke, Lorren Womack, Cory Sykes, Jerrod Gray, Steve Spence
• Ticket Hopper - Buy a $7 general admission ticket to our final football game and receive a free ticket to two men's basketball games, one women's basketball game and one women's volleyball match
Video: The game will be shown on ESPN3 . . . Ball State is playing its sixth game of 2011 on ESPN3, which is ESPN's live multi-screen sports network, giving fans a 24/7 online destination . . . ESPN3 is available in more than 70 million homes.
• Michael Reghi (Play-By-Play) and Derod Cherry (Analyst)
Radio: Ball State Radio Network -- WLBC 104.1 FM Muncie
(Morry Mannies, Play-by-Play; Mark O'Connell, Analyst)
Morry Mannies is in his 56th and final season as the play-by-play announcer for Ball State football and men's basketball . . . The "Voice of the Cardinals" announced his retirement from Ball State broadcasts Aug. 27, 2011.
Sports Link Radio on WCRD (Ball State Student Station - FM 91.3)
(Pat Boylan, Play-by-Play; Kyle Binder, Analyst)
Live Stats, Live Stream & Internet Radio: ballstatesports.com
Ball State 2011 Team Captains: Sean Baker (Canfield, Ohio/Canfield H.S.), Kreg Hunter (Lebanon, Ind./Lebanon H.S.), Adam Morris (Dublin, Ohio/Scioto H.S.), Briggs Orsbon (Convoy, Ohio/Crestview H.S.) and Andrew Puthoff (St. Henry, Ohio/St. Henry H.S.) have been selected as team captains for 2011.
Scouting Ball State: Ball State fell to 6-5 overall and 4-3 in the Mid-American Conference after suffering a 41-38 loss at Northern Illinois Tuesday night . . . With its sixth victory of the year coming at Eastern Michigan, the Cardinals have become bowl eligible for the first time since 2008 . . . Ball State's home game vs. Toledo marks the Cardinals first game at Scheumann Stadium since Oct. 22 . . . Ball State is averaging 143.9 rushing yards and 234.1 passing yards per game, while allowing opponents 224.7 rushing yards and 285.9 passing yards a contest . . . Keith Wenning (Coldwater, Ohio/Coldwater H.S.) has completed 251-of-397 passes for 2,478 yards with 17 touchdowns and nine interceptions this season . . . Jahwan Edwards (Matthews, N.C./Butler H.S.) leads the Cardinals with 66.0 rushing yards per game and 10 rushing touchdowns . . . Briggs Orsbon leads the Cardinals with 57 catches, 553 receiving yards and four touchdown catches . . . Travis Freeman (Cleveland, Ohio/Glenville H.S.) leads Ball State with 119 total tackles plus has added six tackles for loss, four sacks and one interception . . . Sean Baker, who is Ball State's career interceptions leader, has 77 tackles, two TFLs, one sack, two interceptions, one fumble recovery and four pass breakups.
- Ball State tallied its sixth victory of the season at Eastern Michigan to become bowl eligible for the first time since the 2008 season, and in its first year under head coach Pete Lembo.
- The Cardinals have won six games for the fourth time in 10 years . . . Ball State managed 12 wins in 2008, seven victories in 2007 and six wins in 2002.
- With one game remaining in its regular season, Ball State is 4-3 in the conference standings and two games behind league leaders Northern Illinois and Toledo . . . With its 6-5 league record, the Cardinals are tied for the fifth best overall record among the Mid-American Conference's 13 teams . . . With its 4-3 league record, Ball State is tied for the fourth best league mark.
- Ball State has converted on 40-of-44 trips inside the Red Zone in 2011 . . . The Cardinals are tied for seventh in the country for Red Zone Efficiency, and have scored 224 points from within the Red Zone.
- The Cardinals have allowed only nine sacks this season and are tied for ninth in the nation for fewest sacks allowed . . . In net punting, Ball State ranks 20th in the latest NCAA statistics with a 38.87 average . . . The Cardinals are averaging 10.88 yards per punt return, which ranks 26th in the country.
- Some of Ball State's other top national statistical rankings include fewest yards penalized (14th), fewest penalties per game (20th) and tackles for loss allowed (7th).
- Ball State's football team has played on television 24 times in the last three seasons . . . In 2011, the Cardinals appeared on Fox Sports at Oklahoma and on ESPNU at Northern Illinois.
• Ball State is 20-14 in its last 34 MAC games . . . The Cardinals won their final three MAC games in 2007 and all eight league contests in 2008 for 11 straight conference victories, which is the second longest league winning streak in school history.
The Rockets: Toledo is 7-4 overall and 6-1 in the Mid-American Conference after tallying a 44-17 win at Central Michigan . . . The Rockets lone league loss was a 63-60 defeat by Northern Illinois at Toledo.
The Coach: Tim Beckman (Findlay '88) is in his third year at Toledo and his third season as a collegiate head coach . . . He owns a 20-16 overall coaching record.
Scouting UT: The Rockets are 13-2 in their last 15 MAC games . . . Toledo is averaging 42.0 points per game, while allowing 31.2 a contest . . . The Rockets are averaging 219.5 rushing yards and 272.5 passing yards per game, while allowing opponents 127.3 rushing yards and 274.4 passing yards per tilt . . . Austin Dantin has completed 120-of-185 passes for 1,398 yards with 15 touchdowns and three interceptions, while Terrance Owens has completed 120-of-174 passes for 1,545 yards with 11 TDs and three interceptions . . . Adonis Thomas leads the Rockets with 102.8 rushing yards per game.