Ball State Cardinals (5-4; MAC 3-2) at
Eastern Michigan Eagles (5-3; MAC 3-1)
Rynearson Stadium - Field Turf -- Capacity: 30,200
Ypsilanti, Mich. -- Sat., Nov. 5 - Noon
Ball State's game at Eastern Michigan will be aired by ESPN Plus and will be shown in 22 markets across the country, including WNDY-TV in Muncie/Indianapolis and WMYS in South Bend.
The game will also be shown on ESPN3 . . . The Cardinals are playing their fifth game of 2011 on ESPN3, which is ESPN's live multi-screen sports network, giving fans a 24/7 online destination . . . ESPN3 is available in more than 70 million homes.
• Other TV Affiliates Airing the Ball State Game Saturday
WPWR-Chicago, WFMZ-Philadelphia, WXYZ-Detroit, WEWS-Cleveland, WRDQ-Orlando, WWHO-Columbus, Ohio, WMLW-Milwaukee, EKRC-Cincinnati, WZZM-Kalamazoo, WNYO-Buffalo, WRGT-Dayton, WSAZ-West Virginia, WSMH-Flint, WTVG-Toledo, ETVW-Wisconsin, WHTV-Lansing, WYTV-Youngstown, WTVO-Rockford, Ill., WTOV-West Virginia
Ball State Radio Network -- WLBC 104.1 FM Muncie
(Morry Mannies, Play-by-Play; Mark O'Connell, Analyst)
Morry Mannies is in his 56th and final season as the play-by-play
announcer for Ball State football and men's basketball . . . The
"Voice of the Cardinals" announced his retirement from Ball State broadcasts Aug. 27, 2011.
Sports Link Radio on WCRD (Ball State Student Station - FM 91.3)
(Pat Boylan, Play-by-Play; Kyle Binder, Analyst)
Live Stats & Internet Radio: ballstatesports.com
Ball State 2011 Team Captains: Sean Baker (Canfield, Ohio/Canfield H.S.), Kreg Hunter (Lebanon, Ind./Lebanon H.S.), Adam Morris (Dublin, Ohio/Scioto H.S.), Briggs Orsbon (Convoy, Ohio/Crestview H.S.) and Andrew Puthoff (St. Henry, Ohio/St. Henry H.S.) have been selected as team captains for the 2011 season.
Scouting Ball State: Ball State fell to 5-4 overall and 3-2 in the Mid-American Conference with a 45-35 loss at Western Michigan Saturday . . . Ball State's game at Eastern Michigan Saturday marks the second of three straight road games for the Cardinals . . . Ball State is averaging 148.8 rushing yards and 227.3 passing yards per game in 2011, while allowing opponents 199.4 rushing yards and 290.1 passing yards a contest . . . Keith Wenning (Coldwater, Ohio/Coldwater H.S.) has completed 208-of-319 passes for 1,949 yards with 13 touchdowns and eight interceptions this season . . . Jahwan Edwards (Matthews, N.C./Butler H.S.) leads the Cardinals with 69.4 rushing yards per game and nine rushing touchdowns . . . Briggs Orsbon leads the Cardinals with 45 catches, 450 receiving yards and four touchdown catches . . . Travis Freeman (Cleveland, Ohio/Glenville H.S.) leads Ball State with 86 total tackles plus has added six tackles for loss, four sacks and one interception . . . Sean Baker, who is Ball State's career interceptions leader, has 57 tackles, two TFLs, one sack, two interceptions and three pass breakups.
The Series: Ball State and EMU have met 52 times and the Cardinals hold a 29-21-2 all-time edge in a series which dates back to 1936 . . . Ball State has won five of the last six meetings, but the Eagles tallied a 41-38 win at Ball State last season . . . In games played at EMU, the Cardinals own a 15-11 edge.
- Ball State accounted for 555 yards of total offense in its game at Western Michigan Saturday . . . It marked the sixth best single game total in Ball State history . . . The two teams combined for 1,165 yards of total offense, which marked the fifth best single game total in Mid-American Conference history.
- Ball State has converted on 31-of-35 trips inside the Red Zone in 2011 . . . The Cardinals are tied for 20th in the country for Red Zone Efficiency, and have scored 177 points from within the Red Zone.
- The Cardinals have allowed only nine sacks this season and are tied for 14th in the nation for fewest sacks allowed . . . In net punting, Ball State ranks 22nd in the latest NCAA statistics with a 38.91 average . . . The Cardinals are averaging 12.71 yards per punt return, which ranks 19th in the country.
- Some of Ball State's other top national statistical rankings include fewest yards penalized (15th), fewest penalties per game (26th), tackles for loss allowed (13th) and time of possession (28th).
- Ball State's football team has played on television 22 times in the last three seasons . . . The Cardinals are scheduled for at least two more television games in 2011 . . . Ball State played twice on ESPN2 plus appeared on ESPNU, CBS College Sports and Fox Sports in 2009 . . . In 2010, the Cardinals played on ESPNU once, ESPN Plus once and the Big Ten Network twice.
- Ball State is 19-13 in its last 32 Mid-American Conference games . . . The Cardinals won their final three MAC games in 2007 and all eight league contests in 2008 for 11 straight conference victories, which is the second longest league winning streak in school history.
Scouting Eastern Michigan
The Eagles: Eastern Michigan is 5-3 overall and 3-1 in the Mid-American Conference after tallying a 14-10 home win over Western Michigan Oct. 22 . . . The Eagles were off last week.
The Coach: Ron English (California '90) is in his third year as the head coach at EMU and owns a 7-25 career record.
Scouting EMU: The Eagles are averaging 226.1 rushing yards and 107.4 passing yards a game, while allowing 146.4 rushing and 226.8 passing yards per tilt . . . EMU is 4-0 at home, including 2-0 in MAC home contests . . . Alex Gillett has completed 68-of-125 passes for 843 yards with five touchdowns and five interceptions . . . Dominique Sherrer leads the team with 105.7 rushing yards per game, while Javonti Greene is the team's top yardage back with 537 yards on 105 carries for a 67.1 average . . . Dominique White is averaging 58.0 yards per game, while Gillett is rushing for 54.9 per contest.