Ball State Cardinals (4-3; MAC 2-1) vs.
Central Michigan Chippewas (2-5; MAC 1-2)
Scheumann Stadium - Field Turf -- Capacity: 22,500
Muncie, Ind. -- Sat., Oct. 22 -- 2 p.m.
GameDay: • Game day sponsor is AT&T
• PINK OUT in recognition of Breast Cancer Awareness Month
• Yoplait Pink Rally Towels
• Youth Day (Take A Kid to the Game)
Buy one adult general admission ticket, get one youth general admission ticket FREE! There will be games and inflatables inside Scheumann Stadium
• Recognitions: Morry Mannies, Men's Basketball, Women's Basketball, Women's Volleyball, Outstanding Faculty Advisor Dr. Don Ester, Outstanding Faculty Award Winner Dr. Thomas Weidner
Radio: Ball State Radio Network -- WLBC 104.1 FM Muncie
(Morry Mannies, Play-by-Play; Mark O'Connell, Analyst)
Morry Mannies is in his 56th and final season as the play-by-play
announcer for Ball State football and men's basketball . . . The
"Voice of the Cardinals" announced his retirement from Ball State broadcasts Aug. 27, 2011.
Sports Link Radio on WCRD (Ball State Student Station - FM 91.3)
(Pat Boylan, Play-by-Play; Kyle Binder, Analyst)
Live Stats & Internet Radio: ballstatesports.com
Ball State 2011 Team Captains: Sean Baker (Canfield, Ohio/Canfield H.S.), Kreg Hunter (Lebanon, Ind./Lebanon H.S.), Adam Morris (Dublin, Ohio/Scioto H.S.), Briggs Orsbon (Convoy, Ohio/Crestview H.S.) and Andrew Puthoff (St. Henry, Ohio/St. Henry H.S.) have been selected as team captains for the 2011 season.
The Series: Ball State and Central Michigan have met 43 times in football and the series is tied at 21-21-1 . . . The series dates back to 1939 and the two teams have met every season since 1977 . . . Ball State managed a 31-17 win at CMU last season, and the Cardinals have won two of the last three meetings . . . In games played in Muncie, Ind., the series is tied at 11-11-1
Scouting Ball State: Ball State improved to 4-3 overall and 2-1 in the Mid-American Conference with a 23-20 victory at Ohio . . . The Cardinals three losses have come to Temple, at the nation's No. 1 ranked Oklahoma Sooners and at No. 22 rated South Florida . . . The Cardinals are averaging 141.3 rushing yards and 198.0 passing yards per game in 2011, while allowing opponents 216.7 rushing yards and 244.3 passing yards a contest . . . Keith Wenning (Coldwater, Ohio/Coldwater H.S.) has completed 146-of-231 passes for 1,289 yards with seven touchdowns and five interceptions this season . . . Jahwan Edwards (Matthews, N.C./Butler H.S.) leads the Cardinals with 77.6 rushing yards per game and seven touchdowns . . . Briggs Orsbon leads the Cardinals with 27 catches and is second on the team with 260 receiving yards . . . Willie Snead (Muskegon Heights, Mich./Muskegon Heights H.S.) is second on the team with 24 catches and has a team best 299 receiving yards and two receiving TDs . . . Travis Freeman (Cleveland, Ohio/Glenville H.S.) leads Ball State with 65 total tackles plus has added three tackles for loss, one sack and one interception.
Scouting Central Michigan
The Record: Central Michigan fell to 2-5 overall and 1-2 in the Mid-American Conference after suffering a 35-28 loss at home to Eastern Michigan Saturday . . . The Chippewas suffered a 44-14 loss at Western Michigan and managed a 48-41 win vs. Northern Illinois in MAC play.
The Coach: Dan Enos (Michigan State '91) is in his second year as the head coach at Central Michigan and his second season as a collegiate head mentor . . . Enos owns a 5-14 career coaching mark . . . Prior to coming to CMU, Enos was an assistant at Michigan State for four seasons.
The Stats: Central Michigan is scoring 22.1 points per game, while allowing 33.7 a contest . . . The Chippewas are rushing for 114.3 yards per game and passing for 250.3 a contest . . . CMU is allowing 186 rushing yards and 217.3 passing yards per tilt.
Ball State Quick Hits
- Ball State has converted on 23-of-23 trips inside the Red Zone in 2011 . . . The Cardinals are tied for first in the country for Red Zone Efficiency, and have scored 125 points from within the Red Zone.
- The Cardinals have allowed only seven sacks this season and are tied for 19th in the nation for fewest sacks allowed . . . In net punting, Ball State ranks 27th in the latest NCAA statistics with a 38.63 average . . . The Cardinals are averaging 11.83 yards per punt return, which ranks 23rd in the country.
- Some of Ball State's other top national statistical rankings include fewest yards penalized (4th), fewest penalties per game (10th tie), fourth down conversions (10th tie), tackles for loss allowed (17th) and time of possession (18th).
- Ball State's football team has played on television 22 times in the last three seasons . . . The Cardinals are scheduled for at least two more television games in 2011 . . . Ball State played twice on ESPN2 plus appeared on ESPNU, CBS College Sports and Fox Sports in 2009 . . . In 2010, the Cardinals played on ESPNU once, ESPN Plus once and the Big Ten Network twice.
• Ball State has won 18 of its last 30 Mid-American Conference games . . . The Cardinals won their final three MAC games in 2007 and all eight league contests in 2008 for 11 straight conference victories, which is the second longest league winning streak in school history.
- Ball State opened the 2011 season by playing its first two games in stadiums that host National Football League teams . . . The Cardinals opened the year with a 27-20 win over Indiana at Lucas Oil Stadium, the home of the Indianapolis Colts . . . Ball State played its second game of the season vs. South Florida at Raymond James Stadium, the home of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.