Ball State Cardinals
(8-3; MAC 5-2)
Head Coach: Pete Lembo
Career Record: 93-45/12th year
At Ball State: 14-9/2nd year
Miami University RedHawks
(4-7; MAC 3-4)
Head Coach: Don Treadwell
Career Record: 8-15/2nd year
At Miami University: 8-15/2nd year
Fri., Nov. 23, 2012 -- 1 p.m. (ET)
Yager Stadium (Capacity: 24,286)
Field Turf -- Oxford, Ohio
Ball State Radio Network
Flagship Station - WLBC FM 104.1
Joel Godett, play-by-play
Mark O'Connell, color analyst
Jeff Weller, host
WCRD-Radio (Ball State Student Station)
Pat Boylan, play-by-play
Timmy Fogarty, color analyst
Listen to the Coach
- Monday Night w/ the Red & White Radio Show at Applebee's 7-7:45
- Nov. 21 - Cardinal Endzone TV Show Featuring Head Coach Pete Lembo -- 6 p.m. - WIPB-TV, Muncie
Follow the Cardinals:
Ball State Football Quick Hits . . . . . .
* Ball State tallied a 52-27 victory over Ohio Wednesday night for a fifth straight victory and to improve to 8-3 overall and 5-2 in the Mid-American Conference . . . The 52 points were the most in a game since the 2006 season when Ball State defeated Buffalo 55-25 . . . The 25 point margin of victory was the largest for the Cardinals since a 45-14 win over Northern Illinois in 2008 . . . In the win, Ball State managed 588 total yards, which is the fifth highest single-game total in school history.
* The Cardinals rushed for 357 yards vs. Ohio, which marked the most rushing yards in a game since the 2009 season . . . It marked the second time this year Ball State has rushed for at least 300 yards in a game, and the sixth time this season the Cardinals have managed more than 200 yards rushing in a contest.
* Ball State reached eight wins for the 11th time in its 88 years of football and for the first time since its 12 wins in 2008 . . . The eight wins ties for the sixth most victories in a season in Ball State history . . . The Cardinals are also at five conference victories for the first time since the 2008 campaign.
* Ball State's defense matched its season high with four sacks in the win over Ohio . . . Jonathan Newsome and Brandon Newman had 1.5 sacks apiece vs. the Bobcats . . . The Cardinals also had four sacks in their win at Indiana earlier this year.
* The Cardinals are in the midst of their longest winning streak since the 2008 season with five straight victories . . . The win over nationally ranked Toledo (Nov. 6) was the Cardinals first win over one of the country's top-25 teams since 2001 when Ball State defeated the Rockets.
* Ball State is bowl eligible for a second straight season . . . The Cardinals were last bowl eligible in back-to-back seasons in 2007 and 2008 and Ball State played in the International Bowl after the 2007 campaign and the GMAC Bowl after the 2008 season.
* The Cardinals have beaten two teams from the Bowl Championship Series Automatic Qualifying Conferences in the same year for the first time in school history . . . Ball State defeated Indiana from the Big Ten Conference 41-39 Sept. 15, and tallied a 31-27 win over South Florida from the Big East Conference Sept. 22 . . . The win over Indiana marked the third straight meeting between the two teams the Cardinals have won.
* Ball State has won four games this season with a game-winning score in the final two minutes or overtime . . . The Cardinals have won three games on their final possession . . . Ball State won on a field goal as time expired at Indiana (Sept. 15) and scored the go-ahead touchdown with 1:02 left in its victory at home over South Florida (Sept. 22) . . . Ball State tallied a 30-24 overtime win over Western Michigan (Oct. 13) on a 15-yard TD run on the final play of the OT . . . The Cardinals defeated nationally ranked Toledo (Nov. 6) on a 15-yard TD run with 1:43 to play.
* Ball State ranks second in the MAC and 18th in the nation in total offense (481.18) . . . The Cardinals are 21st in rushing offense (213.18), 40th in passing offense (268.0) and 31st in scoring offense (35.36) . . . Ball State is third in the MAC in rushing offense, fourth in passing offense and second in total offense . . . The Cardinals are third in the nation in first downs (28.73 per game) and 23rd in time of possession (31:38) . . . Ball State is tied for 17th in the nation with only six fumbles lost in 2012.
* Ball State ranks 16th nationally in net punting (39.84) and fourth in punt return yardage defense (1.5) . . . The Cardinals are 17th in the nation and first in the MAC in punt returns (12.21) and first in the MAC and 30th nationally in kickoff returns (23.95) . . . Ball State is first in the MAC and tied for ninth in the nation for fewest sacks allowed per game (0.73).
* Steven Schott ranks first in the nation with 23 field goals made and second in the nation with 2.09 field goals per game . . . Schott is also second in the MAC and 12th in the nation in scoring with 10.27 points per game.
* Travis Freeman is the NCAA leader among current players for total tackles in a career . . . He has 453 total tackles in his four seasons and is averaging 9.6 tackles per game over his career . . . Freeman is second in the MAC and 12th in the nation in tackles per game in 2012 with a 10.64 average.
* Jamill Smith ranks third in the MAC and 15th in the nation with 155.82 all-purpose yards per game in 2012 . . . He is also third in the MAC and 28th in the country in kickoff returns with a 25.84 average . . . Smith is sixth in the MAC and 32nd in the nation with 6.27 catches per contest.
* Willie Snead is tied for fifth in the nation in scrimmage plays of 10 plus yards -- rushing and receiving -- with 50 . . . Snead is 23rd in the nation and third in the MAC with 90.91 receiving yards per game . . . He is second in the MAC and 16th in the country with 6.91 receptions per contest.
* Joel Cox is tied for second in the nation in blocked kicks/punts with three . . . Cox has blocked three extra points this season.
* Jahwan Edwards is fifth in the MAC and 17th in the nation with 111.18 rushing yards per game . . . He is also 42nd in the country with 122.00 all-purpose yards per game.
* Jonathan Newsome is second in the MAC and 20th nationally in sacks per game with a 0.83 average . . . He is also third in the MAC and 40th in the country with 1.22 tackles for loss per game.
* Scouting Miami University: The RedHawks fell to 4-7 overall and 3-4 in the Mid-American Conference after suffering a 30-16 loss at Central Michigan Saturday . . . The RedHawks are coached by second-year head coach Don Treadwell, who spent the 2003 season as Ball State's offensive coordinator . . . MU is averaging 23.3 points per game, while allowing 35.3 per contest . . . Miami University averages 85.1 rushing yards and 306.0 passing yards per game, while allowing 242.5 rushing yards and 234.7 passing yards a contest.
* Series vs. MU: Ball State and Miami University have met 27 times with the RedHawks holding a 16-10-1 all-time advantage . . . Ball State has won two of the last three meetings in the series, including a 31-16 win in the last meeting in 2008 at Miami U. . . . In games played at Oxford, Ohio, the RedHawks hold a 9-5-1 all-time advantage.