Football Team to "Blackout the Bobcats" Wednesday
Ball State Cardinals
(7-3; MAC 4-2)
Head Coach: Pete Lembo
Career Record: 92-45/12th year
At Ball State: 13-9/2nd year
(8-2; MAC 4-2)
Head Coach: Frank Solich
Career Record: 116-61/14th year
At Ohio: 58-42/8th year
Wed., Nov. 14, 2012 -- 8 p.m. (ET)
Scheumann Stadium (Capacity: 22,500)
Field Turf -- Muncie, Ind.
Ball State Radio Network
Flagship Station - WLBC FM 104.1
Joel Godett, play-by-play
Mark O'Connell, color analyst
Jeff Weller, host
WCRD-Radio (Ball State Student Station)
Pat Boylan, play-by-play
Timmy Fogarty, color analyst
Television - ESPNU
Joe Davis (Play-by-Play)
Jay Walker (Analyst)
Listen to the Coach
Follow the Cardinals:
• Ball State Football Quick Hits . . . . . .
* Ball State tallied a 34-27 win at nationally ranked Toledo Tuesday night for a fourth straight victory and to improve to 7-3 overall and 4-2 in the Mid-American Conference . . . The Rockets entered the game ranked No. 23 in The Associated Press Poll and No. 25 in the ESPN/USA Today Poll . . . The Cardinals are in the midst of their longest winning streak since the 2008 season.
* Ball State is bowl eligible for a second straight season . . . The Cardinals have reached seven wins for the first time since their 2008 undefeated regular season . . . The Cardinals were last bowl eligible in back-to-back seasons in 2007 and 2008 and Ball State played in the International Bowl after the 2007 campaign and the GMAC Bowl after the 2008 season.
* The Cardinals have beaten two teams from the Bowl Championship Series Automatic Qualifying Conferences in the same year for the first time in school history . . . Ball State defeated Indiana from the Big Ten Conference 41-39 Sept. 15, and tallied a 31-27 win over South Florida from the Big East Conference Sept. 22 . . . The win over Indiana marked the third straight meeting between the two teams the Cardinals have won.
* Ball State has won four games this season with a game-winning score in the final two minutes or overtime . . . The Cardinals have won three games on their final possession . . . Ball State won on a field goal as time expired at Indiana (Sept. 15) and scored the go-ahead touchdown with 1:02 left in its victory at home over South Florida (Sept. 22) . . . Ball State tallied a 30-24 overtime win over Western Michigan (Oct. 13) on a 15-yard TD run on the final play of the OT . . . The Cardinals defeated nationally ranked Toledo (Nov. 6) on a 15-yard TD run with 1:43 to play.
* The Cardinals rushed for 224 yards at Army, which marked the fifth time in 10 games this year Ball State has rushed for 200 or more yards in a game . . . The Cardinals also rushed for over 200 yards vs. Eastern Michigan (329), at Clemson (252), at Indiana (206) and vs. Central Michigan (233).
* Ball State has several players ranked in the top five in the nation . . . According to cfbstats.com, Willie Snead leads the nation in scrimmage plays of 10 plus yards -- rushing and receiving . . . Snead has 46 scrimmage plays of 10 or more yards, while Alex Amidon of Boston College is second with 44 . . . cfbstats.com also lists Joel Cox as tied for second in the nation in blocked kicks/punts with three . . . Cox has blocked three extra points this season . . . Steven Schott is second in the nation in field goals per game . . . Travis Freeman is the NCAA leader among current players for total tackles in a career.
Ball State ranks first in the MAC and 21st in the nation in total offense (473.22) . . . Nationally, Ball State is 29th in rushing offense (202.44), 37th in passing offense (270.78) and 39th in scoring offense (33.67) . . . The Cardinals are fifth in the nation in first downs (28.67 per game) and 17th in time of possession (32:18)
"There are six teams that are bowl eligible (second only to the SEC) . . . It is very possible there could be as many -- if not more -- ranked teams from the MAC as there are from the ACC, Big Ten or Big East." -- CBSsports Eye On College Football