Ball State Cardinals
(6-3; MAC 3-2)
Head Coach: Pete Lembo
Career Record: 91-45/12th year
At Ball State: 12-9/2nd year
(8-1; MAC 5-0)
Head Coach: Matt Campbell
Career Record: 9-1/1st full year
At Toledo: 9-1/1st full year
Tues., Nov. 6, 2012 -- 8 p.m. (ET)
Glass Bowl (Capacity: 26,248)
Field Turf -- Toledo, Ohio
Ball State Radio Network
Flagship Station - WLBC FM 104.1
Joel Godett, play-by-play
Mark O'Connell, color analyst
Jeff Weller, host
WCRD-Radio (Ball State Student Station)
Pat Boylan, play-by-play
Timmy Fogarty, color analyst
Joe Tessitore (Play-by-Play)
Desmond Howard (Analyst)
Listen to the Coach
- Monday Night w/ the Red & White Radio Show at Applebee's 7-7:45
- Nov. 8 - Cardinal Endzone TV Show Featuring Head Coach Pete Lembo -- 6 p.m. - WIPB-TV, Muncie
- Next Football Friday Insider Luncheon -- Tues., Nov. 13 -- 11:45 a.m. at Ball State Alumni Center - $15 per person
Follow the Cardinals:
- Ball State ranks first in the MAC and 21st in the nation in total offense (473.22) . . . Nationally, Ball State is 29th in rushing offense (202.44), 37th in passing offense (270.78) and 39th in scoring offense (33.67) . . . The Cardinals are fifth in the nation in first downs (28.67 per game) and 17th in time of possession (32:18)
- Ball State ranks 17th in net punting (40.35) and fourth in punt return yardage defense (1.5) . . . The Cardinals are 20th in the nation in punt returns (12.75) and 31st in kickoff returns (24.00) . . . Ball State is 17th in the nation for fewest sacks allowed per game (0.89).
- Ball State's football program has been featured in ESPN's family of networks Top Ten Plays three times this season . . . KeVonn Mabon (St. Louis, Mo./DeSmet Jesuit H.S.) was featured for his 13-yard touchdown catch in the back of the endzone from Keith Wenning (Coldwater, Ohio/Coldwater H.S.) in the fourth quarter of the Cardinals' victory at Army . . . Eric Patterson (Tampa, Fla./H.B. Plant H.S.) was featured for his interception of a first quarter pass vs. Western Michigan, which was initially tipped by Travis Freeman (Cleveland, Ohio/Glenville H.S.) and then batted by Ball State until Patterson came up with his second pick of the season . . . Willie Snead (Belle Glade, Fla./Muskegon, Mich. H.S.) was featured for his game winning touchdown reception vs. South Florida Sept. 22.
- Ball State junior quarterback Keith Wenning (Coldwater, Ohio/Coldwater H.S.), who made his 31st consecutive career start at Army, completed 18-of-27 passes for 189 yards with two touchdowns against the Black Knights . . . Wenning has thrown 50 touchdown passes in his career, which ranks second on Ball State's all-time charts . . . He has 17 touchdown passes this season, which ties for sixth on the Ball State single-season chart . . . Wenning has thrown at least three TDs in a game 10 times in his career . . . He owns the top four single-game completion totals and the top three single-game attempt totals in Ball State history.
- Steven Schott (Massillon, Ohio/Washington H.S.) leads the nation in field goals per game with 2.22 per contest . . . Schott has made 20-of-24 field goals in 2012.
- Travis Freeman is the NCAA leader among current players for total tackles in a career with 432 . . . Manti Te'o of Notre Dame is second with 404, while Toledo's Dan Molls is third with 372 . . . Freeman has 161 career solo tackles and 271 career tackle assists . . . He is averaging 9.6 tackles per game in his four year career.
- Sophomore running back Jahwan Edwards (Matthews, N.C./Butler H.S.) rushed for 148 yards and one TD on 30 carries at Army . . . It marked his fourth 100-yard rushing performance of the season and the sixth of his career . . . He has recorded 20 TDs in 21 career games.
- Willie Snead, who ranks first in the Mid-American Conference in catches and receiving yards, managed six catches for 78 yards at Army . . . He has six TD receptions this season and eight in his career . . . He has caught at least one touchdown pass in five of the past seven games . . . Snead has 68 catches for 901 receiving yards in 2012 . . . The 68 catches are tied for fourth on Ball State's single-season chart, while the 901 receiving yards is the eighth best single season total in Ball State history.
- Barrington Scott (Fort Wayne, Ind./Snider H.S.) rushed for 99 yards and one touchdown on 25 carries plus caught one pass for a seven yard TD at Central Michigan . . . It marked the first two touchdown game of his career . . . He followed that with 15 rushes for 81 yards at Army.
- Scouting Toledo: Toledo improved to 8-1 overall and 5-0 in the Mid-American Conference with a 25-20 win at Buffalo Sat., Oct. 27 . . . The Rockets' only loss of the season was a 24-17 overtime defeat at Arizona in the season opener . . . UT is rushing for 199.6 yards per game and passing for 255.1 yards per contest . . . Toledo is allowing opponents 177.2 yards rushing and 288.9 yards passing per tilt.
- Series vs. Toledo: Ball State and Toledo will be meeting for the 38th time in a series which dates back to 1975 . . . The Rockets hold a 19-17-1 all-time advantage . . . Ball State and UT have split the last six games . . . Toledo tallied a 45-28 win at Ball State in 2011 . . . In games played in Toledo, Ohio, the Rockets hold an 11-6-1 advantage in the series.