Ball State Cardinals (1-1; MAC 1-0)
Head Coach: Pete Lembo
Career Record: 86-43/12th year
At Ball State: 7-7/2nd year
Indiana Hoosiers (2-0; Big Ten 0-0)
Head Coach: Kevin Wilson
Career Record: 3-11/2nd Year
At Indiana: 3-11/2nd Year
Sat., Sept. 15, 2012 -- 8 p.m. (ET)
Memorial Stadium (52,929)
Field Turf -- Bloomington, Ind.
Ball State Radio Network
Flagship Station - WLBC FM 104.1
Joel Godett, play-by-play
Mark O'Connell, color analyst
Jeff Weller, host
WCRD-Radio (Ball State Student Station)
Pat Boylan, play-by-play
Timmy Fogarty, color analyst
Big Ten Network/ESPN3
Chris Denari (Play-by-Play)
Kelly Stoufer (Color Analyst)
Antwaan Randle El (Sideline/Features)
Listen to the Coach
- Monday Night w/ the Red & White Radio Show at Applebee's 7-7:45
- Thursday - Cardinal Endzone TV Show Featuring Head Coach Pete Lembo -- 6 p.m. - WIPB-TV, Muncie
- NEXT: Football Friday Inside Luncheon Sept. 21 -- 11:45 a.m. at Ball State Alumni Center - $15 per person
Follow the Cardinals:
- Ball State faced nationally ranked Clemson last Saturday. It marked the third straight season the Cardinals have played one of the nation's top-20 teams. The Tigers were ranked 12th in the nation entering last week's game, while Ball State faced Oklahoma in 2011 when the Sooners were ranked No. 1 by ESPN/USA Today and No. 2 by The Associated Press. In 2010, Ball State battled 18th-ranked Iowa.
- Ball State ranks eighth in the nation in rushing offense with a 290.50 yards-per-game average. The Cardinals rushed for 329 yards in the season opener vs. Eastern Michigan and 252 yards against the nation's 12th-ranked Clemson Tigers last Saturday.
- Ball State's football team is scheduled to appear on television a possible eight times in 2011. The Cardinals have played on television 25 times in the last three seasons and the Indiana game will appear on the Big Ten Network.
- The Cardinals are 21-15 in their last 36 Mid-American Conference games.
- Redshirt freshman running back Horactio Banks (Chicago, Ill./Simeon H.S.) rushed for a career high 120 yards and a career best two touchdowns at Clemson . . . His 54-yard TD run in the first quarter was the longest rush of his career . . . The Clemson game also marked Banks' first career 100-yard plus rushing game.
- Sophomore running back Jahwan Edwards (Matthews, N.C./Butler H.S.) rushed for a career high 200 yards and tied his career high with three touchdowns vs. Eastern Michigan, marking the third multiple TD game of his career . . . Edwards now has 14 career touchdowns, and needs two rushing TDs to tie for 10th on Ball State's career chart . . . Edwards needs 20 yards to reach the 1,000 yard rushing mark for his career.
- Ball State junior quarterback Keith Wenning (Coldwater, Ohio/Coldwater) is only the eighth quarterback in Ball State history to throw for 4,000 yards or more in a career . . . Wenning, who threw for 128 yards at Clemson, has now passed for 4,554 yards and ranks fifth in Ball State history . . . Wenning needs 177 passing yards to move into fourth and pass David Riley, who threw for 4,730 yards from 1986-89.
- Wenning now has six career games with 250 yards or more passing and he has moved into a tie for second on Ball State's all-time chart . . . Talmadge Hill (2000-03) and current assistant coach Joey Lynch (2003-06) each had six career passing games of 250 or more yards . . . Nate Davis (2006-08) is the career leader with 20.
- Senior placekicker Steven Schott (Massillon, Ohio/Washington H.S.), who has connected on 45 consecutive extra point kicks, has made 17-of-18 field goals in his career from 39 yards or less . . . His extra point streak is the second longest in program history, trailing only Ian McGarvey's 63 in a row during the 2007 and 2008 seasons.
- In net punting, Ball State ranks fourth in the NCAA statistics with a 48.0 average. The Cardinals ranked 18th in the nation in net punting a year ago.
- The Cardinals rank first in the nation in punt return yardage defense. Ball State has allowed only one punt return on eight punts in 2012 for negative four yards.
- Ball State is tied for 23rd in the nation for fewest sacks allowed after allowing only 1.0 sacks per game in the first two games of 2012. The Cardinals finished the 2011 season ranked 12th in the nation after allowing only 11 sacks on the season.
- Ball State managed 596 yards in total offense vs. Eastern Michigan. The Cardinals gained 329 yards rushing and 267 yards passing. The 596 yards marked the fourth highest single-game total in Cardinals history. Ball State set a school record with 36 first downs and ran 96 total plays, the third most in school history.
- The 78,000 people that watched Ball State at Clemson marked the ninth largest crowd to ever watch the Cardinals play.
- Scouting Indiana: Indiana improved to 2-0 on the season with a 45-6 win over Mid-American Conference member Massachusetts Saturday . . . The Hoosiers opened the season with a 24-17 victory over in-state rival Indiana State . . . Tevin Coleman leads IU with 134 rushing yards on 21 carries . . . Tre Roberson, who left the UMass game with an injury, has completed 32-of-49 passes for 361 yards with two touchdowns and one interception and rushed for 133 yards this season . . . Shane Wynn is the team's top receiver with 10 catches for 123 yards and two TDs.
- Series vs. Indiana: Ball State and Indiana have met six times in a series which began in 1997 . . . The Cardinals have won the last two meetings -- a 42-20 victory at IU in 2008 and a 27-20 win over the Hoosiers at Lucas Oil Stadium in Indianapolis, Ind., Sept. 3, 2011 . . . This will be the fifth meeting in Bloomington, Ind., and the Hoosiers own a 4-1 edge in those meetings.