Ball State Cardinals
(0-0; MAC 0-0)
Head Coach: Pete Lembo
Eastern Michigan Eagles
(0-0; MAC 0-0)
Head Coach: Ron English
Thurs., Aug. 30, 2012
7 p.m. (ET)
Scheumann Stadium (22,500)
Game Sponsor: MutualBank
- WHITE OUT the Eagles
- Tailgate Town Opens at 4 p.m.
- Cardinal Walk at 4:45 p.m.
- Thundersticks Giveaway
- Fireworks Following the Game
Ball State Radio Network
Flagship Station - WLBC FM 104.1
Joel Godett, play-by-play
Mark O'Connell, color analyst
Jeff Weller, host
WCRD-Radio (Ball State Student Station 91.3)
Jim Barbar, play-by-play
Rocky Boiman, color analyst
Listen to the Coach
- Monday Night w/ the Red & White Radio Show at Applebee's 7-7:45
- Football Friday Inside Luncheon Series - Aug. 29 - Noon at Ball State Alumni Center - $15 per person
• Ball State Football Quick Hits . . . . . .
* Ball State won six games in 2011, marking the fourth time in 10 years the Cardinals have been bowl eligible. Ball State managed 12 wins in 2008, seven victories in 2007 and six wins in 2002.
* Ball State's football team is scheduled to appear on television a possible eight times in 2011. The Cardinals have played on television 24 times in the last three seasons.
* The Cardinals are 20-15 in their last 35 Mid-American Conference games.
* Ball State converted on 44-of-49 trips inside the Red Zone in 2011. The Cardinals tied for 10th in the country in Red Zone Efficiency.
* The Cardinals allowed only 11 sacks in 2011 and tied for 12th in the nation for fewest sacks allowed.
* Keith Wenning has started the last 22 games at quarterback for the Cardinals. He started the final 10 games of 2012 as a true freshman and all 12 games as a sophomore in 2011.
* Keith Wenning ranks eighth in Ball State history with 4,159 career passing yards. He threw for 2,786 yards in 2011, which was the third best single season mark in school history.
* Ball State tallied its sixth victory of the season at Eastern Michigan in 2011 to become bowl eligible for the first time since the 2008 season, and in its first year under head coach Pete Lembo.
* Ball State opened the 2011 season by playing its first two games in stadiums that host National Football League teams . . . The Cardinals opened last year with a 27-20 win over Indiana at Lucas Oil Stadium, the home of the Indianapolis Colts . . . Ball State played its second game of the season vs. South Florida at Raymond James Stadium, the home of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. South Florida will be in Muncie, Ind., Sept. 22.
* Ball State's come-from-behind victory over Central Michigan in 2011 tied for its fourth best comeback in program history . . . The Cardinals fell behind the Chippewas 17-0 and 20-3 before rallying for the 31-27 victory.
* In net punting, Ball State ranked 18th in the NCAA statistics with a 39.07 average . . . The Cardinals averaged 10.88 yards per punt return, which ranked 27th in the country.
* Some of Ball State's other top national statistical rankings last season included fewest yards penalized (7th), fewest penalties per game (12th) and tackles for loss allowed (5th).