Ball State Women's Volleyball All-Time
Honors & Awards
- Amanda McCormick also became the first player in program history to earn National Player of the Week accolades, earning the CVU.com's top weekly honor two times in her career. She was also the first repeat winner of CVU.com National Player of the Week accolades in the award's history.
- Alyssa Rio became the second player in program history to earn CVU.com Libero of the Year honors after she finished the 2010 season ranked second in the nation with a 5.86 digs-per-set average. She also earned a slot on the CVU.com Stellar Spikers First Team for the 2010 season.
- Alyssa Rio also became the second player in program history to be named the CVU.com National Player of the Week. She earned the honor Nov. 2 after collecting a career-high 44 digs in BSU's win over Western Michigan (Oct. 29).
- In 1996, Ball State's Mindy Stanley (pictured above) was named the Woody Hayes Division I Female Student-Athlete of the Year.
- Since 1975, Ball State players have earned CoSIDA Academic All-America honors eight times. The total currenly ranks 12th in the nation, with BSU being the only Mid-American Conference school in the top 20.
- Ball State has had 49 student-athletes earn a total of 86 All-MAC (First Team, Second Team or Honorable Mention) accolades, the second-highest total in the league.
- Ball State also ranks second in the Mid-American Conference with a total of 40 All-MAC First Team selections, including a league-record 14-straight seasons with a least one All-MAC First Team honoree from 1993-2006.
- Ball State has had three student-athletes earn All-MAC First Team honors three times; Kelsey Brandl (2009, 2011 & 2011), Sarah Obras (2002, 2003 & 2004) and Emily Sallee (1998, 1999 & 2000). Obras also picked up All-MAC Honorable Mention accolades in 2005, making her the only four-time All-MAC selection in school history.
- 2004 Ball State Athletics Hall of Fame inductee Sharon Knecht was BSU's first Mid-American Conference Player of the Year in 1993, while 2008 Ball State Athletics Hall of Fame inductee Cassy Herode earned MAC Player of the Year accolades in 1994. Emily Sallee picked up the league's top individual honor after the 1999 season.
- After the 2006 season, BSU's Amanda McCormick was named the Mid-American Conference's first Defensive Player of the Year. Alyssa Rio picked up the honor for the Cardinals again in 2010.
- Ball State has had two players, Emily Sallee (1997) and Sarah Obras (2002), earn MAC Freshman of the Year honors, the highest award for a first-year player in the league.
- In 2010, Steve Shondell became the first coach in program history to earn Mid-American Conference Coach of the Year accolades in his first season as head coach. He is also the only coach in league history to earn the award in his/her first season as a collegiate head coach.
- Former Ball State head coach Randy Litchfield (1989-2006) picked up MAC Coach of the Year honors five times (1991, 1993, 1994, 1999 & 2002) over his career, tying Miami's Carolyn Condit for the most MAC Coach of the Year honors in league history.