BLOOMINGTON, Ind. - The Ball State women's tennis team suffered a 7-0 loss to Big Ten foe Indiana Sunday evening in Bloomington. With the loss the Cardinals drop to 7-2 on the season.
The Hoosiers went up 1-0 over the Cardinals after winning the doubles point. Courtney Wild and Courtney Earnest won two games over No. 31 Sophie Garre and Leslie Hureau at the No. 1 position but lost 8-2. At No. 2 doubles Bethany Moore and Kristel Sanders also took two games from Indiana but resulted in an 8-2 loss for the twosome.
In singles action the Hoosier won all six matches in straight sets. Moore won four games at the No. 4 spot but lost to Garre 7-4, 6-2 while Kristel Sanders also won four games against Shannon Murdy at No. 5 singles but lost 6-4, 6-0.
The Ball State women's tennis team continues non-conference action on the road at Marquette Sunday, Feb. 17 at 10 a.m. (EST).
Indiana, Ball State 7,0
1. Leslie Hureau (IU) def. Courtney Wild (BSU) 6-1, 6-2
2. Katie Klyczek (IU) def. Courtney Earnest (BSU) 6-2, 6-2
3. Alecia Kauss (IU) def. Ayaka Terashi (BSU) 6-0, 6-3
4. Sophie Garre (IU) def. Bethany Moore (BSU) 7-4, 6-2
5. Shannon Murdy (IU) def. Kristel Sanders (BSU) 6-4, 6-0
6. Jithmie Jayawickrema (IU) def. Lauren Pickrel (BSU) 6-0, 6-0
Order of finish: Doubles (2,3,1); Singles (6,1,3,4,5,2)