Women's Tennis Suffers 7-0 MAC Road Loss at Akron
AKRON, Ohio - The Ball State women's tennis team closed out its opening Mid-American Conference weekend with a 7-0 loss at Akron Saturday afternoon.
The Cardinals now fall to 5-9 overall and 0-2 in league action while Akron improves to 15-2 overall and 1-1 in MAC play.
Ball State started the day dropping all three of its doubles matches in order to lose the doubles point. Courtney Wild and Kristel Sanders lost 8-0 at No. 1 doubles, while Ashlyn Rang and Sarah Hebble suffered an 8-2 loss on court two as did Ball State duo Dena Boulieris and Lauren Pickrel at No. 3 doubles. The Cardinals lost all six of their singles matches in straight sets.
Ball State women's tennis continues league action on the road next weekend when it travels to Eastern Michigan (Friday) and Toledo (Saturday) before returning home Friday, April 6 against Western Michigan.
Akron 7, Ball State 0
1. Zara Harutyunyan (Akron) def. Courtney Wild (BSU) 6-1, 6-4
2. Olga Shkundina (Akron) def. Kristel Sanders (BSU) 6-1, 6-3
3. Prang Pantusart (Akron) def. Kylee Johnson (BSU) 6-0, 6-4
4. Natalia Kuvakina (Akron) def. Ashlyn Rang (BSU) 7-5, 6-2
5. Angelina Jogasuria (Akron) def. Sarah Hebble (BSU) 6-4, 6-2
6. Ksenia Berestetska (Akron) def. Lauren Pickrel (BSU) 6-1, 7-5
Order of finish:
Doubles - 1, 2, 3
Singles - 2, 3, 5, 1, 4, 5
Akron - 15-2, 1-1 MAC
Ball State - 5-9, 0-2 MAC