EAST LANSING, Mich. - The Ball State women's tennis team fell to Big Ten foe Michigan State Saturday by a score of 7-0. The Cardinals now fall to 5-7 on the season.
The Spartans took the early 1-0 edge over the Cardinals after claiming the doubles point. The twosome of Dena Boulieris and Lauren Pickrel came close to winning on court three but lost to Dana Guentert and Julianne Gruber, 8-7 (5).
In singles action, Ball State lost in straight sets in five out of the six matches. Courtney Wild took Chernova to three sets but lost 3-36, 6-4, 10-5 at No. 1 singles.
The Ball State women's tennis team will begin Mid-American Conference action when it travels to Buffalo Friday with the match beginning at 1 p.m.
Ball State Tennis Results vs. Michigan State
MSU 7, Ball State 0
1. Nicole Herzog/Kat Lingl def. Courtney Wild/Kristel Sanders 8-2
2. Marina Bohrer/Miska Silesova def. Ashlyn Rang/Sarah Hebble 8-0
3. Dana Guentert/Julianne Gruber def. Dena Boulieris/Lauren Pickrel 8-7 (5)
1. Chernova def. Wild 3-6, 6-4, 10-5
2. Herzog def. Sanders 6-4, 6-3
3. Bohrer def. Rang 6-1,6-0
4. Silesova def. Kylee Johnson 6-4,6-4
5. Lingl def. Hebble 6-4,6-0
6. Guentert def. Boulieris 6-1,6-0