DEKALB, Ill. - The Ball State University women's tennis team (7-13, 1-5 MAC) captured a 5-2 victory at Northen Illinois Saturday afternoon.
The Cardinals came back after dropping the doubles point early on in the match. Georgina Thomson, Kristel Sanders and Sarah Hebble took down the Huskies in straight sets at the No. 1, No. 2 and No. 3 positions respectively. Dena Boulieris won her first set 7-6 then dropped the next one 3-6 to NIU"s Sara McLaughlin but Boulieris won the match in the third after posting a 10-6 score at No. 4 singles.
Lauren Pickrel rounded singles play at No. 6 after defeating Llse Pacheco 6-4, 6-3.
The Ball State women's tennis team plays at Cincinnati Friday. The match will begin at 4 p.m.
Ball State 5, Northern Illinois 2
1. Dekkinga/Rogers (NIU) def. Rodriguez/Hebble (BSU), 8-0
2. Friedlund/McLaughlin (NIU) def. Boulieris/Thomson (BSU), 9-7
3. Sanders/Pickrel (BSU) def. Phillips/Pacheco (NIU), 8-5
1. Georgina Thomson (BSU) def. Kelly Phillips (NIU), 6-3, 6-0
2. Kristel Sanders (BSU) def. Martina Schnapp (NIU), 6-4, 6-4
3. Sarah Hebble (BSU) def. Emily Rogers (NIU), 6-3, 6-3
4. Dena Boulieris (BSU) def. Sara McLaughlin (NIU), 7-6, 3-6, 10-6
5. Haley Dekkinga (NIU) def. Paola Rodriguez (BSU), 6-4, 2-6, 6-4
6. Lauren Pickrel (BSU) def. Ilse Pacheco (NIU), 6-4, 6-3