Baseball Set for Home Series vs. Eastern Michigan
• Fri. vs. Eastern Michigan (3:00)
• Sat. vs. Eastern Michigan (1:00)
• Sun. vs. Eastern Michigan (1:00)
Head Coach Rich Maloney (#2)
Career Record: 649-422-1 (19 Seasons)
Record at Ball State: 308-178-1 (9 Seasons)
• Ball State is 19-10 overall and 4-1 in the Mid-American Conference . . . The Cardinals tallied a 13-8 win over Indiana Tech Tuesday in a non-conference midweek game and suffered a 4-3 loss in a seven inning, rain shortened game at Northern Kentucky Wednesday . . . Ball State returns home for a weekend MAC series with Eastern Michigan . . . The Cardinals are scheduled for a 3 p.m. first pitch Friday with the Eagles, and 1 p.m. starts Saturday and Sunday.
• Ball State head coach Rich Maloney earned his 300th win as the Cardinals’ head coach with a 15-2 victory over IPFW at Campbell (3/15) . . . Maloney now has 649 career wins, with 308 of those coming as Ball State’s head coach . . . He needs 16 wins to become the winningest in school history.
• Ball State’s 9-3 start in 2014 was the best for the Cardinals since beginning the 1981 campaign with a 9-3 mark . . . Ball State started this season with a 3-0 record, which was the best start to a season for the Cardinals since the 1985 campaign when they opened the year with four straight wins.
• Ball State was picked to finish first in the Mid-American Conference West Division in the league’s preseason poll, which is selected by the MAC’s 12 head coaches.
• Ball State finished second in the MAC West Division last season and advanced to the championship game of the conference tournament before being eliminated by Bowling Green.
• The Cardinals’ improvement from a 14-36 record in 2012 to a 31-24 mark in 2013 marked the eighth best turnaround in the NCAA.
• In the latest NCAA statistics, Ball State ranks in the top 50 in various categories: strikeouts per nine innings (21st), home runs (24th), winning percentage (45th) and home runs per game (30th).
• Sean Godfrey entered the week ranked 10th in the nation with 12 doubles, 23rd in stolen bases with 13, 25th with 0.44 doubles per game, 39th with 54 total bases and 46th in stolen bases per game with a 0.48 average . . . Zach Plesac entered this week ranked fifth in the nation with six pitching victories . . . In the latest NCAA statistics, T.J. Weir ranked 45th with 9.82 strikeouts per nine innings.