Men's Tennis Splits Doubleheader Saturday
In the first match, Alexandre Byrm beat Notre Dames' Greg Andrews in the No. 4 spot in three sets.
In the second match against Anderson, the Cardinals swept both the singles and doubles. Shaun Bussert and Austin Sansone beat Drew Lovern and Chris Rowe in the No. 1 spot 8-0. Alex Doherty defeated Anderson's Kyle Templeton (6-0, 6-0) in the No. 4 spot.
The Ball State men's tennis team will play Butler on Tuesday in Indianapolis. The match will begin at 3 p.m.
Ball State vs. Notre Dame
Ball State vs. Anderson
1. Bussert/Sansone (BSU) def. Lovern/Rowe (AU), 8-0
2. Monroy/A. Smith (BSU) def. Bell/Templeton (AU), 8-1
3. Wegner/Thomas (BSU) def. Beard/Boscianni (AU), 8-3
1. Sansone (BSU) def. Lovern (AU), 6-0, 6-1
2. Bussert (BSU) def. Rowe (AU), 6-0, 6-1
3. Carpenter (BSU) def. Bell (AU), 6-0, 6-1
4. Doherty (BSU) def. Templeton (AU), 6-0, 6-0
5. Wegner (BSU) def. Beard (AU), 6-0, 6-1
6. Thomas (BSU) def. Boscianni (AU), 6-1, 6-0