Men's Tennis Loses 4-3 At Middle Tennessee
MURFREESBORO, Tenn. - The Ball State men's tennis team fell to Middle Tennessee Friday evening by a score of 4-3 at the Buck Bouldin Tennis Center. With the loss BSU falls to 8-6 for the season.
The Cardinals took the early 1-0 edge over Middle Tennessee after earning the doubles point. At the No. 2 position Derek Carpenter and Zane Smith defeated the twosome of Elliot Barnwell and Matthew Langley, 9-7 to get BSU to a head start in doubles play, soon after Austin Sansone and Shaun Bussert won at the No. 3 spot to secure the point.
Dalton Albertin claimed a three set victory 0-6, 7-5, 6-4 over Shaun Waters at No. 1 singles. Ball State would then lose its next four matches. Andres Monroy was also a winner as he defeated Kyle Wishing 6-3, 6-1.
The Ball State men's tennis team will continue non-conference action as it plays at Illinois State Saturday. The match is set to start at 10 a.m.
Tennis Match Results
Ball State vs Middle Tennessee
Mar 11, 2011 at Murfreesboro, Tenn.
(Buck Bouldin Tennis Center)
Middle Tennessee 4, Ball State 3
1. Dalton Albertin (BSU) def. Shaun Waters (MT) 0-6, 7-5, 6-4
2. Matthew Langley (MT) def. Cliff Morrison (BSU) 6-0, 6-0
3. Ben Davis (MT) def. Zane Smith (BSU) 6-4, 7-5
4. Elliot Barnwell (MT) def. Alex Doherty (BSU) 4-6, 6-3, 6-3
5. Dimitri Pippos (MT) def. Austin Sansone (BSU) 6-4, 6-3
6. Andres Monroy (BSU) def. Kyle Wishing (MT) 6-3, 6-1
Ball State 8-6
Middle Tennessee 5-8
Order of finish: Doubles (2,3,1); Singles (2,6,3,5,4)