Eric Steger, a senior member of the 2010-11 Ball State men's golf team and the No. 1 individual seed at the NCAA Men's Golf Regional at Wolf Run Golf Course in Zionsville, Ind., tied for 49th out of 75 golfers at the event.
Steger managed a 73-76-78=227 on the par-71 course and finished 14 over par at the NCAA Regional. The 54-hole tournament was one of six regionals in the country.
Steger was named to the All-Mid-American Conference First Team after earning second-team honors in 2010. He was also named to the MAC All-Tournament Team after finishing third at the league championships with a 69-71-75-74=289. Steger averaged 72.68 on the season and posted six top-10 and eight top-20 finishes in 10 events. He tallied his first collegiate victory with a win at the Earl Yestingsmeier Invitational in April.
Below are the teams and individuals that competed at Wolf Run:
Teams (seeded in the following order):
2. Illinois [Big Ten Conference]
5. Wake Forest
8. Florida State
10. Charlotte [Atlantic 10 Conference]
12. Wichita State [Missouri Valley Conference]
13. UMKC [The Summit League]
14. Sacred Heart [Northeast Conference]
1. Eric Steger, Ball State
2. Nathan Sutherland, Miami (Ohio)
3. Cameron Carrico, Murray State
4. Johan Eriksson, Eastern Kentucky
5. Michael Powell, Indiana/Purdue-Indianapolis