Ball State vs. Western Michigan
Read Fieldhouse (Capacity 5,421)
Saturday March 1, 2014 at 2 p.m.
• Twitter @bsuathletics, @bsucoachbrady, @BallStateWBB• Radio WERK 104.9 (Jay Garrison), WCRD 91.3 • Television None• Talent None• Internet www.wmubroncos.com
The Cardinals Nest
- Ball State continues its second tour through the Mid-American Conference West Division opponents this season, with a rematch against Western Michigan Saturday at 2 p.m. in Read Fieldhouse. The Cardinals won their first meeting over the Broncos with a 56-43 win in Worthen Arena, Jan. 29. Ball State is 3-4 against MAC West Division opponents this season with wins over Eastern Michigan (70-66) Jan. 9, Western Michigan (56-43) Jan. 29 and Northern Illinois (63-50) Feb. 9. The Cardinals MAC West Division losses came against Toledo (73-61) Jan. 23, Central Michigan (84-81 OT) Feb. 6, Eastern Michigan (60-62) Feb. 23 and Central Michigan (85-72 OT) Feb. 27.
- After the Cardinals play at Western Michigan, Ball State will close out the Mid-American Conference regular season at home in Worthen Arena Wednesday, March 6 against Northern Illinois at 7 p.m. and then Toledo Saturday, March 8 at 2 p.m.
- If the Mid-American Conference were to start today, Western Michigan would be the fourth seed earning the automatic bye to Cleveland, March 12. The Broncos enter Saturday’s contest with a three game win streak beating Ohio (71-64) Feb. 19, Toledo (60-59) Feb. 23 and Eastern Michigan (81-72) Feb. 26. Before the Broncos won three straight, WMU had lost three straight to Bowling Green (72-50) Feb. 5, Akron (79-66) Feb. 8 and Kent State (57-48) Feb. 15. Western Michigan currently owns a 6-2 record in Read Fieldhouse in league action.
- Let the countdown begin, Ball State has a guaranteed three games after
Saturday’s contest at Western Michigan which includes two home games and one Mid-American Conference Tournament competition. Ball State currently sits in seventh place in the MAC standings with a 6-9 league mark. The Cardinals close out conference action at home against Northern Illinois (March 6) and Toledo (March 8). The last time Ball State closed the regular season at home was in 2007-08, with wins over Western Michigan (March 1) and Northern Illinois (March 5).