Calihan Hall (Capacity 8,295)
Saturday, Nov. 23, 2013 at 11 a.m.
• Radio - WERK 104.9 (Joel Godett)
• Television - None • Internet- www.detroittitans.com
The Cardinals Nest
- Head Coach Brady Sallee is in his second season at the helm of the Ball State women’s basketball team, where he led the Cardinals to a 17-16 overall record in 2012-13. He now owns a 153-128 career head coaching record, including his 136-109 mark in eight seasons at Eastern Illinois.
- Sallee helped Ball State post one of the most dramatic turnarounds in Mid-American Conference history as the Cardinals earned the No. 2 seed in the MAC Tournament with a 12-4 league mark. Ball State improved eight games from its 4-12 MAC mark in 2011-12, which ties as the biggest MAC turnaround in the last 20 years. Sallee also became just the second coach in program history to start MAC play 8-1 in their first season.
- The Cardinals will face six teams in non-conference action that were postseason participants in 2012-13. Louisville and Purdue both went to the NCAA Tournament last season, while Auburn, Western Kentucky and Wyoming played in the Women’s National Invitation Tournament and Detroit in the Women’s Basketball Invitational.
- Ball State is ranked No. 2 in the MAC West Division preseason poll. This is the first time the Cardinals have been ranked this high in the MAC preseason poll since the 2008-09 season, when the Cardinals were picked to finish first.
-Detroit Mercy is one of four Michigan schools Ball State will face this season when the Cardinals take to the court Saturday in Calihan Hall at 11 a.m. The last time Ball State played Detroit was last season when the Cardinals defeated the Titans 73-64 in overtime, Dec. 6. The last time Ball State won at Detroit was in 1987-88 when the Cardinals defeated the Titans 71-66, Nov. 29. Detroit leads the all-time series 3-2.