WBB Travels To Vegas For South Point Shootout
Ball State vs. Auburn/Tennessee Tech
South Point Arena (Capacity 4,600)
Nov. 29-30, 2013 at 3 p.m. (ET)
Las Vegas, Nev.
• Twitter - @bsuathletics, @bsucoachbrady
• Radio - WERK 104.9 (Jeff Weller)
• Television - None • Internet - www.southpointarena.com/events/13-thanksgiving-shootout.php
The Cardinals Nest
- Head Coach Brady Sallee is in his second season at the helm of the Ball State women’s basketball team, where he led the Cardinals to a 17-16 overall record in 2012-13. He now owns a 153-128 career head coaching record, including his 136-109 mark in eight seasons at Eastern Illinois.
- Sallee helped Ball State post one of the most dramatic turnarounds in Mid-American Conference history a year ago as the Cardinals earned the No. 2 seed in the MAC Tournament with a 12-4 league mark. Ball State improved eight games from its 4-12 MAC mark in 2011-12, which ties as the biggest MAC turnaround in the last 20 years. Sallee also became just the second coach in program history to start MAC play 8-1 in their first season.
- The Cardinals will face six teams in non-conference action that were postseason participants in 2012-13. Louisville and Purdue both went to the NCAA Tournament last season, while Auburn, Western Kentucky and Wyoming played in the Women’s National Invitation Tournament and Detroit in the Women’s Basketball Invitational.
- Ball State is ranked No. 2 in the MAC West Division preseason poll. This is the first time the Cardinals have been ranked this high in the MAC preseason poll since the 2008-09 season, when the Cardinals were picked to finish first.
-The Ball State women’s basketball team will face Auburn Friday at 3 p.m. (ET) and then close out play at the South Point shootout Saturday against Tennessee Tech with a 3 p.m. tipoff (ET). Auburn and Ball State have only met once which resulted in an 89-49 loss in 2000-01 at the South Florida Classic. It will be the first time in program history when the Cardinals face Tennessee Tech when the teams meet Saturday.