Football Team Hosting Army Saturday at 1 p.m.
Ball State Cardinals (1-0; MAC 0-0)
Head Coach: Pete Lembo
Career Record: 95-46/13th year
At Ball State: 16-10/3rd year
Army Black Knights (1-0)
Head Coach: Rich Ellerson
Career Record: 18-32/6th year
At Army: 78-73/15th year
Sat., Sept. 7, 2013 -- 1 p.m. (ET)
Scheumann Stadium (Capacity: 22,500)
Field Turf -- Muncie, Ind.
GameDay Sponsor: Ford
• Tailgate Town Opens at 10 a.m. and Cardinal Walk at 10:45 a.m.
• SWIPE Student ID's at Gate 5 to earn points for Charlie's Crew Student Rewards Program
Ball State Radio Network
Flagship Station - WLBC FM 104.1
Joel Godett, play-by-play
Mark O'Connell, color analyst
Luke Martin, sidelines
Jeff Weller, host
WCRD-Radio (Ball State Student Station)
Tyler Bradfield, play-by-play
Sean Stewart, color analyst
Television/Internet -- ESPN3
Trey Bender, play-by-play
Mark Herrmann, color analyst
Live Stats -- www.ballstatesports.com
Tickets -- www.ballstatesports.com/tickets
Listen to the Coach
• Monday Night w/ the Red & White Radio Show at Applebee's 7-7:45
• Thursday - Cardinal Endzone TV Show Featuring Head Coach Pete Lembo -- 6 p.m. - WIPB-TV, Muncie
• Football Insider Luncheon -- Friday -- 11:30 a.m. at Ball State Alumni Center - $15 per person
Follow the Cardinals:
Ball State Football Quick Hits
* Ball State opened the season with a 51-28 home victory over Illinois State last Thursday . . . With the win, Ball State head coach Pete Lembo improved his career coaching mark to 10-3 in season openers as the head coach at Lehigh, Elon and with the Cardinals . . . It marked Ball State's third straight win in a season opener, which marks the first time that has happened since 1976-78.
* The Cardinals have now topped the 50-point plateau in two of their past four games . . . Ball State scored 52 points against Ohio in the next-to-last game of the regular season a year ago (Nov. 14, 2012) and 51 vs. Illinois State in the 2013 season opener.
* Ball State finished the 2012 season with a 9-4 overall record and a 6-2 mark in Mid-American Conference action . . . The Cardinals' three regular season losses -- Clemson, Northern Illinois and Kent State -- were to teams that completed the regular season with a combined record of 33-5.
* The nine wins in 2012 tied for the third most victories in a single season in school history and marked the most wins since 12 in 2008 and 10 in 1978.
* The Cardinals' six MAC wins in a single season were the most since their 8-0 campaign in 2008 . . . It was only the second time since 1996 the Cardinals have won at least six league games.
* Ball State was bowl eligible for a second straight season in 2012 and played in the Beef 'O' Brady's Bowl . . . The Cardinals were last bowl eligible in back-to-back seasons in 2007 and 2008 and Ball State played in the International Bowl after the 2007 campaign and the GMAC Bowl after the 2008 season.
* The Cardinals beat two teams from the Bowl Championship Series Automatic Qualifying Conferences in the same year for the first time in school history . . . Ball State defeated Indiana from the Big Ten Conference 41-39 Sept. 15, and tallied a 31-27 win over South Florida from the Big East Conference Sept. 22 . . . The win over Indiana marked the third straight meeting between the two teams the Cardinals have won.