MUNCIE, Ind. -- The Ball State women's tennis team rolled to a pair of sweeps Friday, taking down Aquinas College and Oakland both by scores of 7-0.
The Cardinals improved to 9-7 on the season with the two wins at the Muncie YMCA Tennis Center.
Ball State opened the day with a dominating performance over Aquinas College, dropping just three total games on the doubles courts and only seven combined games in the singles contests.
The nightcap against Oakland also featured all straight-set victories for Ball State in singles action. After the Cardinals again won the opening doubles point, Earnest was the first off the court in singles with a 6-0, 6-0 win at the No. 2 spot.
For the entire day, Ball State did not drop a set on any court. The Cardinals won seven singles sets by 6-0 scores over the two matches and faced only five sets all day closer than 6-2.
Ball State will return to action March 23 at Miami University as the Cardinals enter the Mid-American Conference portion of their schedule.
Ball State 7, Aquinas College 0
1. Courtney Wild (BSU) def. Daniela Fonseca (AC), 6-0, 5-0 (retired)
2. Courtney Earnest (BSU) def. Ariana Kabodian (AC), 6-0, 6-0
3. Bethany Moore (BSU) def. Rilie DuShane (AC), 6-1, 6-2
4. Paola Rodriguez (BSU) def. Marjeanne Bothma (AC), 6-0, 6-3
5. Lauren Pickrel (BSU) def. Jennelle Miller (AC), 6-1, 6-0
6. Kristel Sanders (BSU) won by default
1. Wild/Earnest (BSU) def. Fonseca/DuShane (AC), 8-2
2. Moore/Sanders (BSU) def. Bothma/Gina Kukulski (AC), 8-1
3. Pickrel/Rodriguez (BSU) def. Kabodian/Miller (AC), 8-0
Ball State 7, Oakland 0
1. Courtney Wild (BSU) def. Emily Raidt (OU), 6-2, 6-1
2. Courtney Earnest (BSU) def. Karine Celis (OU), 6-1, 6-0
3. Bethany Moore (BSU) def. Tamara Blum (OU), 6-2, 6-4
4. Paola Rodriguez (BSU) def. Grace Keating (OU), 6-3, 6-2
5. Kristel Sanders (BSU) def. Cam Sabourin (OU), 6-3, 6-3
6. Ashlyn Rang (BSU) def. Juliana Guevara (OU), 6-1, 6-0
1. Wild/Earnest (BSU) def. Blum/Raidt (OU), 8-3
2. Moore/Sanders (BSU) def. Celis/Guevara (OU), 8-3
3. Pickrel/Rodriguez (BSU) def. Keating/Sabourin (OU), 8-7 (5)