LAS VEGAS, NV - The Ball State men's tennis team suffered a 5-2 loss at No. 68 UNLV Thursday afternoon at the Fertitta Tennis Complex. The Cardinals now fall to 7-6 on the season.
The Cardinals lost all three of their doubles matches to the Rebels.
Ball State entered singles play down 1-0 to UNLV. Imanol Arconada defeated Charlie Alvarado in straight sets 6-3, 6-4 at the No. 4 position. The only other winner for the Cardinals on the day was Patrick Elliott. Elliott took down Bernard Schoeman 6-3, 6-3 at the No. 5 spot. At No. 1 singles Ray Leonard took the first game from Ace Martias but would end up losing in three, 5-7, 6-1, 6-2.
The Ball State men's tennis team continues non-conference action in Las Vegas against UC-Irvine, Friday at 1 p.m. (EST).
#68 UNLV 5, BALL STATE 2
March 7, 2013 at Las Vegas, NV
(Fertitta Tennis Complex)
1. Ace Matias (UNLV) def. Ray Leonard (BSU) 5-7, 6-1, 6-2
2. Tamas Batyi (UNLV) def. Cliff Morrison (BSU) 6-4, 6-3.
3. Gilad Berman (UNLV) def. Dalton Albertin (BSU) 6-2, 6-1
4. Imanol Arconada (BSU) def. Charlie Alvarado (UNLV) 6-3, 6-4
5. Patrick Elliott (BSU) def. Bernard Schoeman (UNLV) 6-3, 6-3
6. Johannes Markel (UNLV) def. Austin Smith (BSU) 6-2, 6-3