Menís Tennis Drops First Match at Boise State
BOISE, Idaho - The Ball State men's tennis team lost 5-1 to host Boise State in its first match of the Boise State Spring Break Classic.
With the loss the Cardinals drop to 12-5 on the season. Freshman Patrick Elliott was the lone winner for Ball State after defeating Scott Sears in straight sets (6-2, 6-3) on court six. Sophomore Austin Smith came close to victory after taking the first set (6-2) over Garrett Patton but then dropped the next two sets by a score of 6-2, 6-2 losing the match at No. 5 singles.
The Ball State men's tennis team is currently playing Marquette at the Boise State Spring Break Classic. There was a weather delay that slowed things down but all the teams are in progress of their second match with each match being 90 minutes behind schedule.
Boise State 5, Ball State 1
1. James Meredith (BOISE) def. Dalton Albertin (BSU), 6-0, 6-2
2. Damian Hume (BOISE) def. Ray Leonard (BSU), 6-2, 6-3
3. Andy Bettles (BOISE) def. Zane Smith (BSU), 6-3, 6-2
4. Filipp Pogostkin (BOISE) def. Alexandre Brym (BSU), 6-4, 6-4
5. Garrett Patton (BOISE) def. Austin Smith (BSU), 2-6, 6-2, 6-2
6. Patrick Elliot (BSU) def. Scott Sears (BOISE), 6-2, 6-3
Order of Finish: 1, 6, 2, 3, 4, 5