Women’s Tennis Loses to James Madison, 5-2
ORLANDO, Fla. - The Ball State women's tennis team fell to James Madison by a score of 5-2 Wednesday afternoon. With the loss the Cardinals fall to 5-6 in spring action.
James Madison headed into singles action up 1-0 after winning the doubles point over the Cardinals. The doubles tandem of Lauren Pickrel and Dena Boulieris was close to defeating Megan Douglass and Ruxandra Andriescu on court three but lost by a 9-8 (5) decision while Courtney Wild and Kristel Sanders beat the twosome of Kinsey Pate and Michelle Nguyen by a score of 8-4 at No. 1 doubles.
Two Cardinals took two singles matches from James Madison, Wild won at No. 1 singles in three sets 7-6 (3), 4-6, 12-10 over Pate while Sarah Hebble beat Katherine Bulling also in three sets at No. 5 singles.
The Ball State women's tennis team continues its nine-match roadswing at Michigan State, Saturday, March 17. The match is set to begin at 3 p.m.
1. Courtney Wild (BSU)def. Pate (JMU)7-6 (3), 4-6, 12-10
2. Palmucci (JMU) def. Kristel Sanders (BSU) 6-0, 6-4
3. Nguyen(JMU) Def. Ashlyn Rang (BSU) 6-0, 6-0
4. Douglass (JMU) def. Kylee Johnson (BSU) 6-1, 4-6, 10-6
5. Sarah Hebble (BSU) def. Bulling (JMU) 6-4, 4-6, 11-9
6. Andriescu (JMU) def. Lauren Pickrel (BSU) 6-4, 6-1