Men's Tennis Loses at Michigan State, 7-0
EAST LANSING, Mich. - The Ball State men's tennis team (11-3) lost 7-0 to Big Ten foe Michigan State Saturday afternoon in spring non-conference action.
The Spartans headed into singles action up 1-0 over the Cardinals after sweeping the doubles point. The Ball State twosome of Zane Smith and Derek Carpenter lost on court two 8-5 to Austin Brooks and Harry Jadun of Michigan State. Dalton Albertin paired up with Ray Leonard and lost the second doubles match for the Cardinals at the No. 2 spot by an 8-5 decision which earned Michigan State the point.
Ball State dropped all but one match in straight sets during singles play, Alexandre Brym was the lone Cardinal to go to three sets on court four but lost to Austin Brooks in the tie breaker, 6-1, 3-6, 7-6 (2).
The Ball State men's tennis team heads to Las Vegas this week to face UNLV Thursday at 5 p.m. (EST).
Ball State 0, Michigan State 7
Order of Finish: 2, 1&3 finished at the same time
1. Aaron Pfister (MSU) def. Dalton Albertin (BSU) 6-0, 6-1
2. Denis Bogatov (MSU) def. Ray Leonard (BSU) 6-3, 6-2
3. Ron Hulewicz (MSU) def. Zane Smith (BSU) 6-2, 6-4
4. Austin Brooks (MSU) def. Alex Brym (BSU) 6-1, 3-6, 7-6 (2)
5. Drew Lied (MSU) def. Austin Smith (BSU) 6-1, 6-3
6. Gijs Linders (MSU) def. Patrick Elliott (BSU) 6-1, 6-3
Order of Finish: 1, 6, 5, 2, 3, 4