WBB Opens MAC Play At Akron Saturday
Ball State vs. Akron
James A. Rhodes Arena
Saturday, Jan. 4, 2013
• Twitter - @bsuathletics, @bsucoachbrady,
• Radio - WERK 104.9 (Jay Garrison)
• Television - None • Internet- www.gozips.com
The Cardinals Nest
- Head Coach Brady Sallee is in his second season at the helm of the Ball State women’s basketball team, leading the Cardinals to a 22-22
overall record during his tenure. He now owns a 158-131 career head coaching record, including his 136-109 mark in eight seasons at Eastern Illinois.
- Sallee helped Ball State post one of the most dramatic turnarounds in Mid-American Conference history a year ago as the Cardinals earned the No. 2 seed in the MAC Tournament with a 12-4 league mark. Ball State improved eight games from its 4-12 MAC mark in 2011-12, which ties as the biggest MAC turnaround in the last 20 years. Sallee also became just the second coach in program history to start MAC play 8-1 in their first season.
- Senior guard Brandy Woody was named Mid-American West Divison Co-Player of the Week, Dec. 30, for the second time in her career. She shared the award with Central Michigan’s Jessica Green. Woody led the way for the Cardinals with 22 points in Sunday’s 83-75 victory at IPFW. She went 13-of-14 from the charity stripe for the game, including hitting eight straight free throws down the stretch to seal the victory. Woody also went 3-for-6 from behind the arc, while dishing out four assists. Overall, Woody’s effort helped the Cardinals post one of its best shooting performances of the season, as BSU connected for a 53.1 (26-of-49) rate of success from the field and a .857 (24-of-28) clip from the free throw line.
- Ball State was selected to finish second in the MAC West Division preseason poll. This is the Cardinals highest ranking in the MAC preseason poll since the 2008-09 season, when Ball State was picked to finish first.